domingo, 26 de abril de 2009

LOST Adiction

There is no doubt that television series are part of our daily life as they are taking a shower, brushing your teeth or sleeping. Knowingly or not, we watch TV series few times a day. Maybe you are kooking or having lunch and you have the TV switched on, and a serie is broadcasting on the screen. But in our “stressed” life, sometimes you don’t have time enough to watch your favourite serie or you don’t want to wait a week to watch a new episode. Just one word: The Internet. It provides you the solution. On the web, you can find all the series you can imagine, and as easy as a click you can watch them whenever you want. No advertisements, high definition, subtitles, original version... What else you would like?

That’s the reason I get hooked on LOST. Some friends told me about it, so one day, I decided to try. From the first episode, I realized it was going to be my “drug” in my free time (and sometimes not only in my free time but also when I’m bussy I spend my time watching LOST instead of doing what I’m supposed to do).

I had got bored of the rest of the series: love as usual, mystery as usual, comedy as usual... Why not a serie with a little bit different approach? In LOST you can find all of that but from a new poit of view, in my opinion, a more intelligent point of view.

A brief summary to understand better what I´m talking about: the LOST’s characters have had a plane crashed and they are trapped in a desert island in which very strange things happen they can’t explain. Under such circumstances there’s no place to love, comedy or mystery as usual. And why don’t admit it, who has never dreamed about keeping trapped in a desert island?

I have confessed I’m a LOST addict. But should I think why? It’s because is time for new kind of more intelligent/ interesting series or we are proud of that because it sounds cooler to say you watch LOST than you are a Supermodel fan?

Perhaps there’s no time for more intelligent or interesting series, but just for a new way of life that you express as your behaviour as your dress style or the kind of series, books or music you use to watch, read or listen.

Maybe that’s true and I watch it because is one of the premises to belong to the group of people I identify with... But however it is, I’m going to take my dayly drug: a LOST episode.

1 comentario:

  1. I think structure is correct, although I would recommend you to put the brief summary of the TV series before starting to state the reasons of why you like it. The rest is well structured and paragraphed, with the ideas perfectly defined on each of those paragraphs.

    Talking about the content, I liked the introduction and some of the reasons you give to back your statements. They are easy to understand and follow. But I find quite disturbing the final conclusion. You say that “Maybe that’s true and I watch it because is one of the premises to belong to the group of people I identify with...” and I find it quite sad. Maybe you should explain deeper that idea.

    Vocabulary is fine in general without pretentious expressions, clear and well chosen.

    ResponderEliminar