domingo, 26 de abril de 2009

Childhood memories

When I think about my childhood, I believe that it was the best time in my life (no problems, no rules, no needs except a lollipop...). But I also think that my great memories are largely dependent on the education my parents gave me. Due to the importance of your parents have on your education, I think that maybe I could not be able to educate a child because I do not know if there is a correct way to do it, and this feeling makes me unhappy and worried.

A mathematical problem, a grammatical one, etc., have just one correct way to solve it, but when we talk about child’s education, there are a lot of factors you cannot control and could have negative consequences on child’s life. I know that I cannot try to explain the educational proccess as a mathematical problem, but maybe I do it because I think that I need a guide to learn how to teach a child to be an adult.

Maybe is also because I think that I would be able to educate a child in the eighties (when I was a child), but not nowadays: this world we live in seems strange to me. I did not try too many things children have nowadays, so I cannot teach a child how to use them, how to interact with them. The Internet, console games, hundred of channels on the TV... How coud I survive without that? I do not know, but I did it. But is a truth that a child nowadays cannot, so what I am supposed to do? Try to keep my child off of that? or understand that I am going to educate him learning at the same time as he does?

Perhaps the only answer to these questions is that I must wait to feel the maternal instinct to guess how I should behave. Is too soon to try to find an answer.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario